Monday, June 1, 2009

An Open Letter to June

Dear June,

I have been anticipating your arrival for quite some time now. The last month or so have been so incredibly busy....Thank you, June, for not having any rehearsals, weddings, day after lunches, first birthdays and 5 million baseball games in close to freezing temps, and shark teeth (of which I know you're eagerly awaiting a blog post, June!). While I loved all these events and cherish being part of them, I will look forward now to relaxing and looking at all the amazing pictures from each wedding, family party and watching our oldest son improve his athletic ability with only 2.5 million games left in hopefully warmer weather. I'm counting on you, June, to pull through and bring us some sunshine and warmer evenings to take walks and bask in your beauty.
June, you hold the end of my baby's kindergarten year and so I thank you for giving him back, even if it is with fewer teeth and a wider vocabulary that includes words like "booty" and "nasty". I do not hold you accountable.
Thank you, June for the beautiful morning on this, your first day of 2009. I look forward to spending the next 29 days with you.

Sincerely,
Rachel

Oh, I almost forgot...silly me! Thank you also, June for summer T.V. shows like The Closer, Burn Notice, Monk and Psych. And lastly, a huge thanks for fruit that costs less than an arm and a leg!

4 comments:

Happy said...

I totally laughed out loud at your son's "vocabulary words." I mean, I guffawed right at my desk.

Here's to a bootiful June! May you enjoy many days of relaxation, sunshine, and the warmth of your family!

Courtney said...

I LOVE some june. Really I do. If I wrote a letter to my june it would be something like- Why are you so busy? I just want to sit around and enjoy your charms... not have a million bdays, a camp trip and a holiday floorset to worry about.
But you can't blame june. It is nothing but lovely.

Crafty P said...

I sang something like this to myself this morning...so happy june is here!

that's a lot of tv!

Melissa823 said...

How did you get out of June weddings???