Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 2 Photo!

Look at me!  Still going strong on this challenge!  Today's picture prompt was "color" or "colour" if you're cool and Australian.


I love spring and flowers and blue skies!  There was not a cloud in the sky today and it was such a rich blue.  I wish our azalea flowers would last longer.  Here's a weird fact...we have 2 azalea bushes, one on each side of the front door.  One is pink and one is red. {Why are they different colors?  The previous owners had no respect for symmetry!} Anywho, here's the weird part.  The pink one is in bloom now, the red one won't bloom for another few weeks.  Why?  They get the same amount of sun.  They are the same size.  Weird, I tell ya. 

p.s. for anyone who knows about photography...when I pointed my camera to the sky, with nothing else in the frame, it would not take a picture.  Once the tree branches were in the frame, it took the picture.  Care to explain?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Nice! If you want to see crazy- check out the mini evergreens by our front door. One side is huge, one side is completely dead. So annoying!!

As for the sky- I suspect it's bc autofocus didn't have anything to focus on without the tree. The sky is too big and uniform so it doesn't know how to capture it. For stuff like that switch to manual focus, or do what you did and reframe the shot with a usable reference point.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Rachel! We really need to talk Photography some time since we have the same camera! Have fun with your challenge. I may try it myself, just won't blog about it or post the pictures since I don't know how to go about doing that. Michelle :)